Annual Senior Laboratory Testing
Early detection of disease often gives us more effective and less costly treatment options. Senior testing also helps establish baseline values for your pet, creating a point of comparison for the future.
Our Senior Annual Wellness Package has been created to encourage and allow our clients to provide quality comprehensive medical care for their beloved seniors pets (7 years and older). The package is $260.00 and includes a Senior Health Exam, Vaccinations, Bi-annual Dewormer and the following laboratory blood, urine and feal tests.
- Blood Chemistry Profile: Evaluates liver, kidney and blood glucose to identify liver disease, kidney failure, diabetes, and other disorders.
- Electrolytes: Reveals disturbances in potassium, calcium, sodium, and chloride to identify renal failure, dehydration, and other conditions.
- Complete Blood Count: Identifies white and red blood cell and platelet disorders to uncover infection, anemia, general disease conditions, and clotting problems.
- Thyroid Screen (T4): May help diagnose hyperthyroid (usually seen in cats) or hypothyroid (usually seen in dogs) disease. The thyroid gland is responsible for regulating metabolism in dogs and cats.
- Urinalysis: Gives information on kidney function and checks for urinary tract infections.
- Fecal Test: A test informing us of intestinal parasites, some of which are contagious to humans.
- For our senior canine patients, a heartworm antigen, Lyme disease, Anaplasmosis, and Ehrlicihiosis test: Alerting us if your pet has heartworms or these tick borne diseases.
- For our senior feline patients, a Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus Test, as these viruses prevent the immune system from functioning properly.